Saturday, October 31, 2009

A new beginnig.

Yes, it's me again. Any of you reading who might know me from Metachat might be familiar with my rigmarole by now. If one blog doesn't work, then just move on to the next one. But I want things to be different with this one. Firstly I don't want to repeat the same mistakes that I was before with my other blogs. I want to be upfront about my condition, and it's in that regard that I want to stand before you and tell you that yes I am a Bipolar patient. What is a Bipolar patient? Some one who suffers from Mania (excessive highs of happiness on one side of the spectrum, and then lows on the other). It's my disease. What I have to live with. I am taking medication for it and have been doing so for a long time, and will probably keep on taking it for the rest of my life. It's how I get Better. One minute I'm up, and the next I'm down. Or at least I used to be. I haven't had a depressive episode in almost a month, since I started this new medication. I'm on Lithium right now. My shrink suggested that I try it and see if it works. She was in two minds about giving it to me earlier because of the side effects that it has (my hands shake a lot because of which I have to take another medication). So yeah, I'm free now, finally thank god. I just hope and pray it stays that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment